Ledeen: Pissing on the Enemy

Some Marines seem to have pissed on the cadavers of some Taliban in Afghanistan.  We don’t know when or exactly where.  It may well have taken place some time ago;  a military friend suggests that at least two of the alleged miscreants are no longer in the Corps, and a spokesman at Camp Lejeune said that some of the four have left the battalion in which they served — last year — in Afghanistan.  But no matter.  Our leaders are in a panic.  Hillary and Panetta are horrified, and their public comments verge on hysteria (Panetta called the behavior “utterly deplorable” and Hillary expressed “total dismay”).  Afghan President Karzai, a noted humanitarian,  declared it “inhumane.”  Our full military investigative apparatus, last seen prosecuting Marines subsequently found innocent, is in full activity, and no doubt heads, if not other parts of the anatomy, will be figuratively sliced off.

I wonder if they know there’s a war on, and what sorts of things routinely happen in wartime.  It may well be that they are so involved in trying to extend yet another outstretched hand to our enemies, that they are really shocked at the very idea that men on the battlefield aren’t devotees of Emily Post’s rules of etiquette, and even violate the Geneva Convention’s strictures against desecrating dead bodies.

[More]

This entry was posted in Web Logs and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Ledeen: Pissing on the Enemy

1. Mary T says:

They did not hang their burned bodies from a bridge, they did not cut them to pieces, they did not march their bodies thru the streets to be desecrated. They did not treat those dead terrorists like those people treat American troops, dead or alive.
    Where were these politicians outrage when the OWS were using police cars for a bathroom.
    Anyone Remember Daniel Pearl and what they did to him.
    As far as I am conserned, that is a photoshopped pic. and it never happened.

• stageleft says:

Maybe they were just stressed when they did all that Mary T, I’m pretty sure I read something about combat causing stress that leads to desecrating bodies somewhere………..

• Fay says:

I agree Mary T , but some don’t want you to refute the agenda of the lamestream media.
      Must stay on message. Military bad.. Taliban good.

2. jt says:

Ever been in combat, SL? I hear that it can cause your bowels to contract, a little. That’s it, after the stress of combat they saw some smoldering Taliban shirts and proceeded to douse the fires with their contracted bowels. Win-win.

• stageleft says:

Nope jt, I was just going by what beentheredonethat said in a different discussion thread about combat stress

3. Cy says:

They’re soldiers. They are trained to kill people (usually enemy combatants, but they not supposed to lose sleep over civs). Pissing on a dead enemy combatant is both minor and common by comparison.

Why the pro-war types can’t just admit this instead of pretending it didn’t happen or using clumsy equivalences is a mystery. If you back war, back the consequences.

4. Joe says:

This seems to me to be a classic case of breakdown of in field discipline on several fronts.

Firstly: desecrating your enemies mortal remains.
    Secondly: filming of said desecration
    Finally although not in field: posting of video on the web.

5. Susie says:

I wonder how many North American, if given the chance, would do the same thing!!

• stageleft says:

With luck, very few – I would like to believe that most of us have higher moral and ethical standards to be sympathetic to such a thing, let alone involve ourselves in such a dishonourable and disgusting act.

• Jack says:

While I agree with you I note that one cannot change human nature simply by disapproving.

Things are “as they are”. My view is that cellphone camera’s are changing everything and the military can deal with that.

I also feel they should.

No camera’s on “special ops”. They are left behind at base.

This incident would never have arisen had the CO given the proper order. We live and learn.

6. Rhodesway says:

It is truly amazing – how anyone like Hillary Clinton can even make a comment about the ‘watering of the dead’ – a woman who lied about ‘dodging bullets in Bosnia’ – and do you think it was ‘utter dismay’ that was shown when her husband was nailed with charges of having oral sex on the carpet in the Oval Office ?
    How do we put up with these people ?
    Why should we put up with these people?
    I say – “piss on the lot of them”!
    Heads will roll – as they have well before Vlad the Impaler – we paid for ‘ears’ in Korea – I saw a visiting Senator ‘toss his cookies’ after viewing a demonstration of how to effectively close the Ho Chi Min Trail – ‘heads on stakes’ – works every time!
    Great article Michael – thanks from those who know what it takes to win!

7. Ernest says:

After what the muslims have done to kill innocent people in this country via hijacked plains, beheading of american citizens, we should be ashamed that a few marines peed on some dead taliban scum. Forget about it. I think that the only one that should be charged with any punishment is the one who released this for public view. GB, I suppose you will be blamed for this too. Don’t worry about . Piss on them.

Comments are closed.